Want to know what I love most about winter? It’s orange season!
An even better thing is that my hubbys parents have orange trees in their garden so – free oranges!
Every winter we go over with a Ikea bag (they are quite big) and fill it up with oranges that last us for weeks, simply delicious!
So today I woke up and realised that I had a bit of a Vitamin C overdose, so I decided to stop with the orange juice a little and make a cake instead.
Check out the recipe below
For the syrup: In a small pan, boil ½ cup orange juice, 3 tsp sugar and orange zest from one orange.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 120g Sugar
- ½ Cup Oil
- ¾ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ½ Lemon, Juice
- 210g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Orange Zest from 1 Orange
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 165°C and grease your cake pan.
- Step 2 In a medium sized bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar until combined.
- Step 3 Add the oil and continue mixing.
- Step 4 Add the orange juice, lemon juice and orange zest and mix until combined.
- Step 5 Add the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Step 6 Pour into your baking pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Step 7 10 minutes before your cake is ready, start making the orange syrup for the cake.
- Step 8 Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and pour the syrup over the cake.
- Step 9 Leave the cake cool before cutting.