So recently it was world Nutella day, I made some amazing chocolate brownies (recipe will be up soon) and as the last one was eaten I thought to myself, why not make some more?!
It felt like a must as it was a rainy day and the smell of baking and rain together just calls for a perfect tea time and snuggling up in front of Netflix.
I came across @lichtenstadt fabulous recipe! Efrat is a mum, photographer and food blogger (super talented) living in Israel. The photos of her blondies on her Instagram feed was just mouth watering, so I decided to make them myself. Check out her blog here! (It is in Hebrew but thank god for Google Translate).
The only warning I have for you is – don’t leave them alone for one minute, they will get gobbled up quicker than you think.
White Chocolate & Berry Blondies
- 100g Butter, Melted
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Rum (optional)
- 1 Cup Flour, Sifted
- 100g White Chocolate, Chopped into small pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Berries
- Step 1 Heat up oven to 170°C, grease a 20*20 cm cake mould.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar and sugar until combined.
- Step 3 Add the eggs, vanilla extract, salt and rum and continue mixing.
- Step 4 Add the sifted flour and white chocolate and fold into the mixture.
- Step 5 Pour the mixture into a cake mould, sprinkle the berries on top and bake for 20-25 mins until the blondies start to turn a golden-brown colour and your toothpick comes out dry.
- Step 6 Cool the cake and slice into squares of 4*4 cm.
- Step 7 Serve and enjoy!