Pumpkin season has arrived! That means that we can start making our favourite fall recipes.
My favourite fall winter cookie has to be gingerbread and this cookie recipe just feels like a much better version of a gingerbread cookie, so you can imagine how many i have eaten already (woops). Another thing that’s good about it is that I used fresh pumpkin and not the pumpkin sold in cans, why? Because its fresh and tastier. It might add another 45 mins to your cookie preparation though, so take this into consideration.
For the pumpkin, you can either buy a slice of a large pumpkin or just a small pumpkin. I chose a slice this time that was about 500g. I sliced off the skin and cut it into cubes. After cutting it, I placed all the cubes in to a preheated oven on 200° for about 40 minutes.
Once you can pass a knife through, you will know that the pumpkin is ready and roasted.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Milk
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1.5 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Step 3 Pour the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and stir, fold in the chocolate chips gently.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 180° and prepare a baking sheet paper.
- Step 5 Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Step 6 Begin scooping the batter and placing it on the sheet.
- Step 7 Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 8 Enjoy!