The Cours Saleya market is located in the old area of Nice and probably the most charming too.
I love walking around the area and just take in the whole atmosphere around, the noise, scents, colours, people and food of course.
The market is well known for the Marché aux Fleurs (the flower market) where you can find different types of beautiful colourful flowers sold in bouquets or separately for really affordable prices. The fruit and vegetables market located right beside, offers visitors local fresh products together with some different Niçoise specialities for you to choose from.
So why visit? Here are 5 reasons:
- The market was ranked as one of France’s special markets by the country’s national council.
- Try the famous Socca (a kind of chickpea flour pancake, perfect for vegans) and Pissaladiere (a pizza with onions, anchovies and black olives).
- Treat yourself to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and take a picture in front of the breathtaking view.
- Take a seat and have Niçoise Salad or just a cup of coffee at one of the restaurants around the market, enjoy the sunshine and the energy around.
- Buy some fresh fruit, vegetables, cheese and bread and head to the beach for a picnic!
See you there!